Δευτέρα 1 Απριλίου 2013

Hellenic words in international songs: Apology


My Broadcasts on Radio Boo


Hellenic words in international songs: Apology
(Apology, Apologies, Apologize)

18:00 - 19:00

01) Numb - U2 (LP Zooropa, 1993)
Lyrics:  Don't theorize, realize, polarize, chance, dance,dismiss, apologize

02) A Question Of Lust - DEPECHE MODE (LP Black Celebration, 1986)
Lyrics: Apologies are all you seem to get from me but just like a child you make me smile

03) Pyjamarama -ROXY MUSIC (1973)
Lyrics: I may seem a fool to you for everything I say or think or do how could I apologise for all those lies

04) Show Of Strength - ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN (LP Heaven Up Here, 1981)
Lyrics:  Your stalwart smile would shame a politician, Typically... I'll apologise next time

05) 1979 - SMASHING PUMPKINS (LP Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, 1995)
Lyrics: No apologies ever need be made, I know you better than you fake it

06) Hell Is For Children - PAT BENATAR (LP Crimes Of Passion, 1980)
Lyrics: It's all so confusing this brutal abusing they blacken your eyes and then apologize
"Be daddy's good girl, and don't tell mommy a thing", "Be a good little boy, and you'll get a new toy
Tell grandma you fell from the swing"

07) What Difference Does It Make - THE SMITHS (LP The Smiths, 1984)
Lyrics: No more apologies

08) Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah - THE POGUES (1988)
Lyrics: and if I hurt you, I apologize

09) Town Called Malice - THE JAM (LP The Gift, 1982)
Lyrics: stop apologizing for the things you've never done, cause time is short and life is cruel

10) Let's Spend The Night Together - THE ROLLING STONES (LP Between The Buttons, 1967) Lyrics: I feel so strong that I can't disguise (oh my) Let's spend the night together But I just can't apologize (oh no)

11) Take It Round Again - THE CRY (LP Quick Quick Slow, 1984)
Lyrics: no need to compromise and you don't need an excuse just to enjoy yourself... you won't get away... I won't accept any apologies.

12) Cannonball - SUPERTRAMP (LP Brother Were You Bound, 1985)
Lyrics: I was unwise, so don't apologize I paid the price, for taking your advice

13) Midnight Blue - LOU GRAMM (LP Ready Or Not, 1987)
Lyrics: I won't apologize for the things I've done and said

14) If You Let Me Stay - TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY (LP Introducing The Hardline... 1987)
Lyrics: I know I've been careless, girl and I must apologize I'll try better next time, baby

15) The Sweet Escape - GWEN STEFANI feat. AKON (LP The Sweet Escape, 2006)
Lyrics: I must apologize for acting, stinking, treating you this way


19:00 - 20:00

01) Love The Way You Lie - EMINEM feat. RIHANNA (LP Recovery, 2010)
Lyrics: Next time, there won't be no next time I apologize even though I know it's lies
I'm tired of the games I just want her back I know I'm a liar If she ever tries to fucking leave again
I'mma tie her to the bed and set the house on fire

02) Through The Wire - KANYE WEST (LP The College Dropout, 2004)
Lyrics: I really apologize how I sound right now man

03) Ms. Jackson - OUTKAST (LP Stankonia, 2000)
Lyrics:  Never meant to make your daughter cry I apologize a trillion times

04) Apologize - TIMBALAND presents ONEREPUBLIC (LP Timbaland Presents: Shock Value, 2007)

05) Life For Rent - DIDO (LP Life For Rent, 2003)
Lyrics: I apologize that once again I'm not in love but it's not as if I mind that your heart ain't exactly breaking

06) Missing You - CHRIS DE BURGH (LP Flying Colours, 1988)
Lyrics: You can break a heart with just a word or two and take a lifetime to apologize when the one you love's in front of your eyes

07) Lucky Stars -DEAN FRIEDMAN feat. DENISE MARSA (LP "Well, Well," Said The Rocking Chair. 1978)
Lyrics: I was acting like a fool & I apologize

08) I'm Sorry - BRENDA LEE (1960)
Lyrics: Please accept my apology

09) What Kind Of Fool - BARBRA STREISAND & BARRY GIBB (LP Guilty, 1980)
Lyrics:  I only apologize for being as they say, the last to know

10) I Finally Found Someone - BARBRA STREISAND & BRYAN ADAMS (OST The Mirror Has Two Faces, 1996)
Lyrics: Did I keep you waiting, I didn't mind I apologize, baby, that's fine

11) Lady, Lady Lady - JOE ESPOSITO (OST Flashdance, 1983)
Lyrics: Time like silent stares, with no apology

12) Cry - WATERFRONT (1988 / LP Waterfront, 1989)
Lyrics: please don't apologize, just let me wipe the tears away

13) Louise - HUMAN LEAGUE (LP Hysteria, 1984)
Lyrics: She took a moment just to recognize the man she'd known so well before and as he started to apologize lose any bitterness she bore

14) Why Does A Man Have To Be Strong - PAUL YOUNG (LP Between Two Fires, 1986)
Lyrics: There I go again, finding the words to apologise

15) What A Fool Believes - THE DOOBIE BROTHERS (LP Minute By Minute, 1978)
Lyrics:  She had a place in his life He never made her think twice As he rises to her apology Anybody else would surely know He's watching her go

16) The Winner Takes It All - ABBA (LP Super Trouper, 1980)
Lyrics: I apologize If it makes you feel bad


Listen to the broadcast:
http://www.yourlisten.com/channel/content/16968370/Apology%20songs


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου